Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VxVm Solaris Problem ?

2000-03-28 15:24:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VxVm Solaris Problem ?
From: Veritas User vrtsuser AT yahoo DOT com
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:24:45 -0800 (PST)
Hi Everybody,

I have a peculiar problem on my Sun-Solaris Box.
This seems to be related to VxVm so could you
please forward it to the right group or can a VxVM
person answer this ?

I had installed foundation suite on the Solaris 2.7
box, and the rootdg group was created, which
encapsulated the unix files. A few days ago, the
license for the VxVm expired.

I had to shutdown the box. Now when I try to start it
the VxVm gives an error and the Unix refuses to come
up. Also 'boot cdrom' does not work, as it says
'device
not found'. I do however get a shell prompt.
The VxVm error says to refer to Appendix 'C'.

Can anyone help me out, or point me to a place where
I can seek help ?

Thanks,
Martin