Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Port selection

2000-03-14 16:58:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Port selection
From: Robert Bakh bbakh AT veritas DOT com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:58:24 -0800
The simple answer is no.

Especially if there is an NT involved, NT does Random port selection.

Now if it's UNIX, you can get it to use ports 1025 to 5000 in order, by
reducing the socket timeout, you may be able to get away with 100 open ports
plus the normal communication ones, 13782, 13720, 13780 and so on.

Hope this helps.

Bob