Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplicated Tape label

2000-03-07 14:31:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplicated Tape label
From: Daniel Monroy Daniel.Monroy AT kellogg DOT com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:31:33 -0600
Hi all,
I'm using a two-drives tape stacker Exabyte to backup an NT server which doesn't
features a barcode reader.  It was having a problem  to unmount tapes after any
backup job was completed, so I tried a lot of times to unmount the tapes
manually. However, while unmounting tapes, I was never sure that the destination
slot was correct, so I moved the tapes to any empty slot without taking care of
which one was the correct. After checking all the available tapes, I realized
that there was more than one tape having the same RVSN. It should have been
assigned by Netbackup after using the tape for a backup.

How can I get rid of these duplicated RVSN in different tapes? Do you have a
recommended action to avoid missing the images of these tapes?

Thanks.

Daniel Monroy