Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vaulting Originals

2000-03-03 13:09:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting Originals
From: Neil Perry nxperry AT netscape DOT net
Date: 3 Mar 00 10:09:41 PST
Hi,
I am running out of slots in my STK 9740 library. Upon running a media summary
report, I found that there are a slew of tapes that are full and won't expire
for a while. Maybe I ought to use a shorter expiration period... but am not
sure if that will meet the business needs here. So I am toying with the idea
of ejecting them and seding them offsite for the duration that they are valid.
Is that a viable option?

I don't even necessarily have to valut them... only if I could just move them
to a seperate volume group.. like a non robotic one and eject them from the
tape library. Can anyone kinda elaborate on this if it is at all possible? I
guess I could eject them after moving them to a non-robotic group. But how
would I go about bring it back?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Neil.

http://webmail.netscape.com.