Networker

Re: [Networker] NetApp Snap Device pool

2012-12-19 16:11:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetApp Snap Device pool
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 21:10:50 +0000
On 19/12/12 19:34, bingo wrote:
> I am not really familiar with this subject.
>
> However, if these are NDMP backups, you should send them to a separate pool
> as not all NW commands (like scanner) can read NDMP data. Consequently,
> isolation of such backup data is best practice.

I doubt that they are NDMP backups if they are being directed to a
standard NetWorker device, especially if it is an adv_file device.
Native NDMP backups can only be written to tape devices. If they are
written across a network then they will be DSA and thus can be mixed
with normal NetWorker save sets on the same media.