Networker

Re: [Networker] High speed Ethernet problem

2012-12-11 13:35:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] High speed Ethernet problem
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 18:21:37 +0000
Our backup server handles everything.  The tape drives that we backup to (no
backup to disk yet) are attached and all data comes in to the server and is
written to the tapes.

I doubt the keep alive settings come in to play.  We backup through the 1 GB
built in NIC without a problem.  Only when we switch to the 10 GB NIC do the
problems occur.

I'm thinking the switch is not the problem because we had the same issue a year
ago when we tried an optical 10 GB NIC.  This new NIC is an electrical
connection so they were going to two different switch ports.  I spent about 4
months trying to get the optical NIC working trying all sorts of fixed without
success.  So with the same problem occurring with both the optical and
electrical NIC it appears the problem must be in the OS or NetWorker.

Dave Werth
Garmin AT, Inc.
Salem, Oregon