Networker

[Networker] Exchange 2010 with NMM

2012-12-04 11:08:42
Subject: [Networker] Exchange 2010 with NMM
From: Matthew Powell <mtpowel AT CLEMSON DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 15:55:50 +0000
I have just installed two new Legato Networker version 8.0 servers and I added
6 of the new NMM licenses for exchange 2010 backups. I have followed the
application manual for setting up the clients on my end but I am getting some
very strange errors.

In our old exchange2007 environment we just had the 1 virtual name for the two
servers with one being active and the other passive so we only backed up active
server. I used the command nsrexchsv command with the -c and client name and -a
for alias.

In the new environment for 2010 the manual tells me to use the
nsrsnap_save_vss.exe command and I added that and then added the save set of
this:

APPLICATIONS:\Microsoft Exchange 2010

Do we have to use the nsrsnap method to backup exchange 2010? Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day.

Matt Powell
mtpowel AT clemson DOT edu<mailto:mtpowel AT clemson DOT edu>
864-656-0589 (Office)
864-247-2823 (Cell)
Storage Administrator
Clemson Computing and Information Technology