Networker

Re: [Networker] Confused about MS cluster client restores

2012-11-27 10:59:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Confused about MS cluster client restores
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 10:52:10 -0500
> Michael,
>
> There's an option in the client gui to change which client you want
> to be able to see in the drop-down box as far as I remember. It's
> somewhere in one of the menus in the top of the window.

I don't see any option like that. When I choose OPERATION,RECOVER/DIRECTED
RECOVER, and I am presented with the list of SOURCE CLIENT, I am only
seeing the physical node. The cluster client is not shown (unless I do
this on the NW server, or any machine that is listed in the SERVERS file,
such as my NMC client)

It is this SOURCE CLIENT list that I would like to be able to see both the
physical node I am on, as well as the cluster client that is mounted on
that same physical node.

Do I need to change the SERVERS file on the physical nodes to include
themselves? Would that make the cluster client show up on this node?

At the moment, all of my SERVERS files only include the NW server and the
NMC client (this is the standard format for all NW clients).