Networker

[Networker] How to display recovery progress in nmc?

2012-11-16 17:06:08
Subject: [Networker] How to display recovery progress in nmc?
From: "George Sinclair (NOAA Federal)" <george.sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 17:05:49 -0500
How the heck can I get nmc to report the amount that it's read thus far during a recovery?

For example, I'm running an nwrecover session on client1, recovering a 289 GB save set that was backed up Jun 29, 2012.

The old nwadmin tool reports something like:

client1: /path (6/29/12) reading from volume1 117GB of 289 GB

so it keeps me updated, but nmc reports nothing under Recover Sessions. Under All Sessions it reports: client1 browsing. That's it. And under Browse Sessions it reports: client1 user. I have all the table columns turned on.

The nsrwatch tool isn't any better. If I run 'nsrwatch -s server -p 1' it reports the following under Sessions:

client1: user browsing

and under Devices, it reports :

server:/dev/nst5(J) LTO Ultrium-4 volume1     reading, data

Really nothing useful in terms of how far along it is. Is there a way to get nmc to show that?

Thanks.

George

--
George Sinclair