Networker

Re: [Networker] Purging an old client's CFI

2012-11-08 08:41:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Purging an old client's CFI
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 08:35:40 -0500
> You have both CFI and media entries because neither the browse nor the
> retention periods have passed.  To get rid of just the file index
entries,
> alter just the browse time and then force index maintenance.

How do I alter the browse times of clients that don't exist anymore? Do I
need to re-create the client, set the browse and retention time, and then
"nsrim -X"? What of the savesets that have browse and retention times that
don't expire for a while yet (such as EOM savesets)? Will they be affected
by a change like this, or do I need to set re-set the browse and retention
on those savesets individually? (that's what I am trying to avoid)