Networker

Re: [Networker] Disturbing anomaly in 8.0 cloning

2012-10-15 17:34:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Disturbing anomaly in 8.0 cloning
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 00:33:44 +0300
On Monday 15 October 2012 07:50:57 bingo wrote:
> Hi Dag,
>
> you are right - comparing the mminfo command with the one the clone resource
> would issue in the background, will most likely point to the problem.
>
> I wonder whether the jobs db could help in this case.
> You should be able to find the clone job but will the mminfo command also be
> stored here?
> I doubt that, especially if you compare the previous job types with the ones
> from NW 8.
> Maybe i am wrong and the command is in fact stored within NW 8 jobsdb (now
> SQLite) - just browse the jobsdb.db file with an appropriate tool.

Hi Carsten!

Interesting suggestion but unfortunately I ran a string on jobsdb grepping for
mminfo and only found bootstrap queries, I guess for the report?
Seems like the clone task uses the API library. That will make it a lot more
difficult catching the parameters...

> The only parameter which i can think of beeing problematic is the savetime.
> Will "savetime>6 months ago" show the same as "savetime>-6months"? - Just a
> guess.

Well. The savesets that are left out are all less than 2 months old. Used 6
months just to be on the safe side, so that should not really make a difference.

Thanks for the hints though! Any more are welcome :-) I really want to find out
the reason for this!

Best
Dag