Networker

Re: [Networker] Why doesn't nsrinfo show me saveset details?

2012-10-12 07:16:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Why doesn't nsrinfo show me saveset details?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 07:06:45 -0400
> If the client had to be recreated prior to the scanning, did you use
> the client id of the original client  that was backed up?  nsrinfo
> wouldn't work with a different client id.

Yes. I have a spreadsheet with the clientids that were in use on the old
server. And everytime I retire I client now, I add it's clientid to the
sheet, in case I need to re-create the client.

I will be recalling those tapes, and re-scanning them, in the order shown
in the current media db. And I have 7 more tapes that do not exist in the
current media db, and so those will have to be scanned twice, as per the
Admin Guide, before I can attempt a restore from them. I have already
re-created the 3 clients I will need from these other 7 tapes.