Networker

Re: [Networker] Why doesn't nsrinfo show me saveset details?

2012-10-10 08:24:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Why doesn't nsrinfo show me saveset details?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:22:53 -0400
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need to run a nsrck -L7 -t date
> client to rebuild the client indexes even though you've used scanner?

Don't know. :-)

> It's worth a try at least.

How can I? The original backup was on a completely different NW server,
with a different name. How can "nsrck -L7" rebuild the index off tape,
when it doesn't know about the tape that had the index on it on the first
place?

Also, I have run "scanner -i" before, and the savesets *are* browsable.
I've never had to "nsrck -L7" for other savesets that I've scanned.

I create a new client with the old client ID (I keep a report around, with
all client names and client IDs). I do a "scanner -i" for only that
client. After it finishes, I change the expiration, retention and browse
dates to be +7 years. And I can browse savesets I've done that procedure
for.

I just can't seem to do it with these savesets ...