Networker

[Networker] Why doesnt nsrinfo show me saveset details?

2012-10-10 05:08:06
Subject: [Networker] Why doesnt nsrinfo show me saveset details?
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 02:07:56 -0700
The question is whether scanner or nsrinfo is failing.

About a year ago (an early NW 7.6. version on Windows) had the problem that
scanner would run fine but finally failed to write the info in the file index.
That's when we used a command like "scanner -s <server> -i \\.\<drive> >
outfile.txt 2>&1" to check the statements at the end of each SS.

This could be a potential issue.

@tony

nsrck -L7 -t time        recovers the client file index backups.
scanner -i -S ssid       recovers the embeeded CFI info from the save stream.

The result is the same - scanner just usually takes (much) longer.
There is no need to run both commands.