Networker

[Networker] best NMC reports for trend analysis?

2012-09-19 16:05:35
Subject: [Networker] best NMC reports for trend analysis?
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:53:37 -0500
All-

I'm looking for recommendations on what other NetWorker administrators
feel are the best reports that are part of NMC.  I'm particularly
interested in reports that are useful for trending, but I would appreciate
pointers to reports that other admins really like or find themselves using
frequently.

We're currently running a couple NetWorker 7.6.2.5 servers on RHEL 6.3,
with the single NMC (7.6.3) on RHEL 5.8.  We don't have DPA, so I'm
only really interested in the best reports that are part of the standard
NMC.  We have configured our NMC to keep more historical information than
the default, which I believe is just a year (might be two).

We're in the early stages of a project to completely reevaluate and
modernize how we're doing backups; right now everything is still directly
to tape and we really want to get with the times, so to speak.

I have a long history with NetWorker so I'm very comfortable scripting and
working with mminfo to get information, but I want longer-term info and
it's about time I dug in to the NMC reports anyway.  Hence my question
about what reports others use and like.

I do have experience scripting reporting from NMC using gstclreport,
I'm really just looking for recommendations on which reports to look
more closely at.

Thanks,

Tim
edu