Networker

[Networker] INQUIRE shows "Incorrect function" after driver update

2012-08-30 13:05:19
Subject: [Networker] INQUIRE shows "Incorrect function" after driver update
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 13:04:56 -0400
While I wait to hear back from Tech Support, I thought I'd post this here.

We were having speed issues writing to our fiber connected tape library,
especially after installing a new version of our anti-virus (Kaspersky
v8). So we uninstalled Kaspersky. We also updated to the latest version of
the drivers for our fiber cards. Now the OS sees the library and tape
drives (Windoes Device Manager shows no errors, and the Emulex OneCommand
utility is able to access the fiber cards, and it sees the librarty and
all 8 drives).

But NW does not - running "inquire" just returns "Incorrect function". I
tried re-installing the current version of the drivers, to no avail.

D:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\bin>inquire
Incorrect function.

Incorrect function.

Incorrect function.

[email protected]:HL-DT-STRW/DVD GCC-C10N 2.00|CD-ROM

Have not yet tried downgrading the driver back to it's previous version.

The odd thing is that even the HP Library and Tape Tools now does not see
the library (it's an Overland NEO 4042, connected via fiber). I'm guessing
that I need to downgrade the driver (and hope it works), but I'm waiting
for Tech Support before trying that.

Anybody ever seen anything like this? The cards are HP branded Emulex
cards, and we updated from the Combined StorPort driver 1.20 to 1.22.

Thanks

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM