Networker

[Networker] Database Backups in DMZ

2012-08-28 10:18:05
Subject: [Networker] Database Backups in DMZ
From: "Roberts, Justin (GE, Appl & Light)" <Justin.Roberts2 AT GE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:01:28 +0000
So we are designing a new DMZ and are trying to limit the number of services
that need to penetrate the firewall.  All servers in the DMZ will be virtual,
so we are using VADP for all file system backups.  However this doesn't help us
with Oracle Databases.

Is anyone doing VADP backups of Oracle Databases?  If so how are you getting a
good backup of the database, and how are you managing the archive files?

Thanks

Justin M Roberts
GE Appliances and Lighting
TAS Midrange Services

T +1 502 452 4136
M +1 502 494 5728
F + 1-502 371 8271
justin.roberts2 AT ge DOT com<mailto:justin.roberts2 AT ge DOT com>
www.ge.com<http://www.ge.com/>
Appliance Park AP4-300
Louisville, KY 40225 USA
General Electric Company