Networker

Re: [Networker] How to recover an aborted tape ?

2012-07-19 05:50:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to recover an aborted tape ?
From: Manel Rodero Blanquez <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:42:19 +0200
Hi,

;-) Yes, I know the cause of the abort saveset because it was a failover problem of the library.

I can use another tape, because yes, they are cheap ... but this tape is an LTO4 tape with only 1% of data on it and I would like to be able to add more data to it without adding another tape, another tape number, etc.

The problem is that a failure of our Scalar i500 I/O Blade, suport has changed this board and suddenly we're having problems with tape disconnections, tape number reordering, etc. (the typical things in persistence naming/binding environments). And I don't want to waste a tape because a now recurring problem. Support is working on it in the meantime.

Thanks to everyone.