Networker

[Networker] Upgrade to 7.6.3 - HP-UX 11.23 - Import/Export Fails

2012-07-11 09:58:10
Subject: [Networker] Upgrade to 7.6.3 - HP-UX 11.23 - Import/Export Fails
From: "Dsouza, Rovinabishek" <rovinabishek.dsouza AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 13:48:12 +0000
Good day,
          We recently had one of our backup server upgraded from 7.3.4 to
7.6.3. The upgrade was successful but we later realized that the
Withdraw/Deposit is not working on that server. When ever we try a withdraw or
Deposit we get the error - "Jukebox `Jukebox' indicated that there are no
Import/Export ports available;".
          We tried reconfiguring the library but after reconfiguration the
library never came to a ready state. It continuously gives te below error,

31882 1342012816 2 0 0 1 20418 0 nischina.verigy.net nsrmmgd 68 Configuration
of jukebox `%s' failed with the following error: '%s'. 2 21 7 Jukebox 0 127
Jukebox:Jukebox access:[email protected] failed:INIT ELEM STATUS key:5 status:CHECK
CONDITION Illegal Request, Illegal Field in CDB

To get the library to a ready state, only the following features in the
library's "JukeBox Features" had to be enabled to to get it back to ready state.

  jukebox features: barcode, elements_status, no_init_elem_sts,
                              no_start_init_elem_sts, polled_export,
                              polled_import, read_elem_unload_fail,
                              stacker_export, stacker_import, volume_tags;

Anyone seen this kinda behavior in your environment?

Rovin A. D'Souza
rovinabi AT gmail DOT com