Networker

[Networker] backups stuck in pending state, group never cancels or compl

2012-06-18 15:03:54
Subject: [Networker] backups stuck in pending state, group never cancels or compl
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:58:50 -0700
- Depending on your NW version, you could use the jobquery/jobkill commands to
see/correct what is still running.
     Abort the job/the group and restart it.

- If a client hangs in the "waiting to run state", restart its nsrexecd
process. This will cause the client (and the group, of course) to fail.
     You now have a stable state.

- If you (re)start a group from the command line, simply verify that it does
not wait for another <CR>.
     I always restart a group for certain clients from the command line:
            savegrp -c <client_1> [-c <client_2> ...] -R <groupname>
     This avoids unnecessary CFI backups - you got them already.

- Also watch the alerts - NW could just wait for another media (in another pool)