Networker

Re: [Networker] backups stuck in pending state, group never cancels or completes

2012-06-15 10:33:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] backups stuck in pending state, group never cancels or completes
From: Matthew Powell <mtpowel AT CLEMSON DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 10:26:43 -0400
I have seen this on occasion here but it has mainly been on my windows
server groups. I have not had this happen on the other flavors of OS. We are
running Legato Networker 7.5.3 writing to a SAM/QFS file system on the back
end. So it has nothing to do with the tape process b/c our networker servers
never see any tape. The SAM/QFS back end takes care of the two copies for us
so no overhead of cloning. I have always wondered if anyone else had seen
this same type of thing. There is nothing in the logs of the clients or the
group that say any error. I generally just stop and the restart the job and
it fires right off.

--
Matt Powell
mtpowel AT clemson DOT edu