Networker

Re: [Networker] Precedence of use - expired or blank tape, in the same pool?

2012-06-08 01:48:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] Precedence of use - expired or blank tape, in the same pool?
From: Tim Kimball <Tim.Kimball AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 05:41:22 +0000
I set both, and don't keep client indexes (past 'normal' expire) for the
backups/tapes in question.

Since our usual 'please hold this' backups are Sybase dumps (backup of 3-5
files each day), saveset recovers of this sort aren't painful for us.  The
difference becomes a few extra arguments in the recover command (including
sudo).

For the original question, in our setup (EBS 7.1.3 and then 7.4.4) I've always
seen it pull from new tape before recycling old.

--TSK

Tim Kimball
http://sungak.net