Networker

Re: [Networker] inactivity timeout question

2012-06-05 09:55:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] inactivity timeout question
From: Andrew Fahy <farske10 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 14:51:09 +0100
Hi Christian,

I have seen similar instances of this where the fault lies with the backup server DB unable to handle all the communication. If you monitor the load on the backup server resources does it use lots of memory and many disk I/O's?? I spread the load of the backups by creating more groups and putting a maximum of 20 to 25 clients per group. if you can do this also stagger the start times to prevent the memory usage and disk I/O from peaking.
I hope this helps.
Andy