Networker

Re: [Networker] New bug with NetWorker and DD Boost devices

2012-06-02 14:43:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] New bug with NetWorker and DD Boost devices
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 19:38:35 +0100
On 02/06/12 15:39, Stanley R. Horwitz wrote:
> Terveen,
>
> Please clarify what you mean. My understanding regarding this notice is that
> a DD Boost device other than the one being created is labeled and as a
> result, data will be lost. That sure seems like a bug to me, or am I missing
> something?

As I understand it, this applies when creating a device using a folder
on the Data Domain that you have previously used and written data to.
You would have had to delete the NetWorker device that was previously
using this folder, so it really ought to be at the front of your mind
that you should choose not to label the device as part of creation. IMHO
this is a fairly rare situation and you ought to be extremely careful
when using a wizard for something like this.

I don't regard this as a bug that is likely to affect many users.