Networker

Re: [Networker] Save sets parallelism question

2012-05-28 10:18:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Save sets parallelism question
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 17:12:43 +0300
From the source there are three places where parallelism is controlled. Server, group and client. So, you need to make sure that all are set in such a way which does not limit a save set from starting. I suggest that you will check the 'show details' window of a running group and see under waiting to run, which save set is waiting and then see if the problem is because of the client or group setup.

At the destination, you might want to see that all devices are configured to accept all saves from all clients or groups. You are already aware of target sessions, but you also want to check pool parallelism which might be an issue.

  So, to summarize:

 . Server max session.
 . Group max sessions.
 . Client max sessions.