Networker

Re: [Networker] RPC send operation failed; errno = Broken pipe

2012-05-27 12:40:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] RPC send operation failed; errno = Broken pipe
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 19:36:03 +0300
A name resolution problem will not show itself after saving 100G of data. It is also less likely for a network problem (such as duplex mismatch or a faulty cable) to just happen, after running for some 30 minutes at good rates. Such problems tend to be more persistent and not just come and go. But then again, this cannot be ruled out, it is just less likely.

On 05/27/2012 11:06 AM, bingo wrote:
This is the key point: "I m getting connection lost message evry now and then."

Such problems are network/name resolution related.

|This was sent by carsten_reinfeld AT avus-cr DOT de via Backup Central.

-- Yaron.