Networker

Re: [Networker] How to scan a LTO2 tape when all I have are LTO4 drives ?

2012-05-22 13:15:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to scan a LTO2 tape when all I have are LTO4 drives ?
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 13:09:38 -0400
Thanks for All for the replies and recommendations ....
I seem to have gotten scanner running  with 'scanner -i -S ####  -t "LTO
Ultrium-2" \\.\Tape########'

Just needed to get the syntax correct.  I can only assume it is running now,
there's been no error, and it hasn't returned to a command prompt yet...  (
usually I've found if you're waiting, it's working )  It displayed this:

8909:scanner: using '\\.\Tape2147483643' as the device name
8936:scanner: scanning LTO Ultrium-2 tape 001653L2 on \\.\Tape2147483643
8939:scanner: LTO Ultrium-2 tape 001653L2 already exists in the media index

So I think it's working as far as I can tell...

Thanks All Once Again...
Paul