Networker

Re: [Networker] buy enabler 7.4 --> 7.6?

2012-04-25 15:15:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] buy enabler 7.4 --> 7.6?
From: jee <jee AT ERESMAS DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:13:26 +0100
Hi Anu,

you need to request a host transfer for all the enablers, including the base
enabler, to get the new auth codes.

If you have a support contract, then your support provider should do that for
you. Check with them all licensing options.

The base enabler on solaris SPARC is 4-5 times more expensive than a
linux/windows or solaris x64 enabler. I assume the upgrade enabler should be
cheaper on linux.

The other question is whether you will keep the old server for recoveries only
or if you are planing to migrate the media db. In principle a cross-platform
migration is not supported but it can be done....

jee