Networker

Re: [Networker] DFS backup questions

2012-04-23 14:25:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] DFS backup questions
From: Bombay4u None <bombay4u AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:21:53 +0000
Michael,
Your plan should include backing up indevedual servers rather then the DFS
links themselves, as long as all servers on your domain are backed up,
including any nas targets, you should not have to worry or backup DFS links,
backing up DFS links may be a bad idea any way , since you may not get reliable
backup performance and\or get multiple backups running due to DFS links being
present on more then one server you backup.
For the DC a saveset all should cover what you need, especially it should
backup C Drive ( or a drive where sysvol etc reside), you can confirm by Legato
documentation and DR documentation for domian , Just look to test restore one
of the DC and you will see whats being backed up.
Not sure if Legato now includes domian controller speialized backup of Active
Directory, as while back this was not possible, by that i mean, object level
recovery of indevidual AD components, i,e deleted user.
Hope that helps
Fazil Saiyed