Networker

[Networker] So does it matter if........

2012-04-17 14:56:15
Subject: [Networker] So does it matter if........
From: Chester Martin <cmartin AT SPP DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:56:00 -0500
I have a large networker datazone with multiple storage nodes and dedicated
storage nodes.  This datazone spans multiple sites.  When it was much smaller,
under "globals 2 of 2" of the networker client I would have the one storage
node that backs up a particular server.  Is there any issue with putting all of
the names of the storage nodes in this field?

EX..  I have my environment setup where different groups are assigned to
different pools.  So if I have server1 at site1 that's being backed up by
storagenode1 to pool1 where device1 is selected, but in server1's storage node
field I have storagenode1, storagenode2, storagenode3, and storagenode4, would
it make any difference to networker (slow it down)?

The reasoning behind this is that server1 may be sent to site2 and all I'd need
to do is change it's group membership in networker.

Thanks.