Networker

[Networker] restore problem 7.4

2012-04-13 07:18:06
Subject: [Networker] restore problem 7.4
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 04:12:42 -0700
It is not easy to answer your questions as your statements are not always
straight. For example you can not use a directive for a group but only for all
clients in that group. If you forget to assign it to one client resource, you
will in fact backup his data.
Second i think you mean an AFTD, not an ADD (such term does not exist in NW).

If my assumptions are right, i think it could well be that the internal checks
which at least run once every day deleted obsolete data from the read-only
device so that the next day's backup could write smaller save sets. As the
Project group directly writes to tape, there was no limitation in capacity.

With respect to the missing index information, nobody can really answer this as
we do not know your data, the backup levels etc. If you expect an index
problem, may i suggest you to a restore of the whole directory to a temp
location and verify what you really recovered.