Networker

Re: [Networker] Scan order when rebuilding client file index via scanner?

2012-03-29 13:57:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Scan order when rebuilding client file index via scanner?
From: jee <jee AT ERESMAS DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 18:56:47 +0100
Hi Michael,

if you have index:<client>  savesets on those tapes, scanner -m will get that
info on the media db too and you should be able to recover those indices using
the nsrck -L7  command.  That should save you some scanner time.

But why not using scanner -i from the beginning? it may recover some indices
(if not, it will work as scanner -m)

jee