Networker

Re: [Networker] Verifying LTO compression is on?

2012-03-22 08:38:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Verifying LTO compression is on?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 08:37:55 -0400
> Are there any settings? Or indicators? I don't see anything in the
> hardware interface (it's an HP LTO-4 G2 autoloader). Or am I just
> confused? :-)

I take that back - on the web interface of the single drive in the
autoloader, I do see
"
Data Compression
Yes

So I guess that answers whether the drive *can* do it. Guess I need to see
that it actually *is* doing it. Is the only way to do a "mminfo" on a FULL
tape volume, and add up the total of the saveset sizes, and compare to
400G? (the nominal size of an LTO-3 tape? I was mistaken, BTW - it's
LTO-3, not LTO-4)