Networker

[Networker] Networker Logs Website V3-1

2012-03-20 13:58:54
Subject: [Networker] Networker Logs Website V3-1
From: japgar <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:54:28 -0700
Hi,

  I posted version 3 of this code in Nov.  I found and fixed a couple of
problems in the Buildweb and Savegroup_FileCleanup programs.  If you're
interested, you can find the updated code (V3-1) here:

http://filesave.me/file/15384/NetworkerWebisteV3-1-zip.html

  I've also pasted the original post from Nov. as a reminder of what the code
can do.

Jim

Hi,

A new version of the Networker Logs Website is available. The main new feature
is that the client search feature will now display a color coded (red=fail,
green=successful) series of date links for the previous 14 backup runs of a
client. The link will take you directly to the savegroup log from that day. The
search will also still return how the client is configured in Networker (i.e.
client name, backup server, scheduled backup, schedule, group, group schedule,
save set, client OS type, and Networker version).

Quick overview of what the Networker Logs website provides:
- centrally located repository for savegroup logs for all of your datazones,
accessbile via a website
- savegroup logs are grouped by datazone and group name
- a savegroup summary page per group name shows last 45 runs(or how many you
decide) of status
- on datazone level: a daily listing of all failed(i.e. unsuccessful) savesets
- on datazone level: a daily listing of all savesets that changed during backup

Since this website is displaying only text files, it is very fast. If you have
more than 1 datazone, you'll be able to quickly and easily see how (and where)
any client is configured and take a look at it's savegroup logs.

Now for the bad news...... all of this is written in perl. You will have to be
comfortable enough to modify the perl scripts (putting your sites directory
locations at the top of the scripts).

Here's where to grab it:
---deleted---

First take a look at the Information doc, it'll show you what it looks like. If
you want to try it, there's an install doc as well.
If you have questions, contact me.

Jim