Networker

Re: [Networker] TR: [Networker] Win2008R2 Cluster & DR-WSB & NSR 7.6.2.3.Build.663

2012-03-16 12:27:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] TR: [Networker] Win2008R2 Cluster & DR-WSB & NSR 7.6.2.3.Build.663
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 12:23:52 -0400
Thierry,

I just had a side conversation with Dave Gold to be sure that I understand what
is going on.
Yes, I had the same problem.

We have a Windows 2008 fileserver with a 4TB S: disk that is used for data and
has quotas
installed.  EMC's DR process was always trying to back up the OSSR_S save set.
We spent a
while last fall working with EMC on this and they provided us with NW134616
which allows us to
use the DR backups without having the S: disk getting included.  Perhaps your
EMC rep will be
able to give you a copy of that code (which was for NW 7.6.2.5 Windows 64-bit).

To be honest, I am very scared that EMC is still incapable of looking these
things up on their
own.  They gave me that code back in NOVEMBER 2011!!!!

Frank