Networker

[Networker] Networker Volume Date Range Queries From a Text File

2012-03-12 14:29:09
Subject: [Networker] Networker Volume Date Range Queries From a Text File
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:28:41 -0700
The easiest way to check for 'allowance' to overwrite is to query the
'recyclable' flag for the volume.

  mminfo -q "recyclable" -r "volume" > outfile

You may of course also use your more complicated query.
However, instead of "savetime" let me suggest to use the retention date
(ssretent). If you have multiple retention periods, this is the only parameter
you can rely on.

You commands should look like this:

  mminfo -q "volume=<volname>" -r "client,name,level,savetime,ssretent" -ot
-xc, > outfile

Do not forget that you must use one command per volume.
You may omit unnecessary parameters in the '-r' section.