Networker

Re: [Networker] DRP Recover Win2008 VMWare using 7.6.X

2012-03-07 06:02:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] DRP Recover Win2008 VMWare using 7.6.X
From: Riku Valli <riku.valli AT UTA DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 13:02:14 +0200
On 03/07/2012 12:43 PM, FAIDHERBE, Thierry wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>

> Anyone who already test Win2008 DRP Recover using new 7.6.X version
>
> (physical or Vmware) ?
I take first Full backup with Save set All and boot machine with this
WinCPE boot cd and did which it ask at screen. My installation was only
basic Win-server.

Some point to consider, you should test at this booting media found your
hardware. You can add drivers, but you cant use drivers which need
booting. After restore you should have basic machine with NW-client and
after that you install your applications and recover data with NW-client.

This DRP is similar as Windows own backup with option Allcritical. You
can restore this only similar hardware.

I tested that with Fujitsu R300S6 and no problems.

Regards, Riku