Networker

Re: [Networker] delete tape numbers from the media db?

2012-03-06 11:17:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] delete tape numbers from the media db?
From: Denis <denis.mail.list AT FREE DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 17:16:22 +0100
----- Mail original -----
De: "Div Prakash" <divprakash83 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
À: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Envoyé: Mardi 6 Mars 2012 16:41:34

Hi All,

I have a question with additon to below thread.

I am seeing many aborted savesets into my physical tapes in my enviornment.
 Is there any way to delete those aborted savesets to free up the
space within tapes ?

Making those savesets recycleable is not way around, untill i relabel the tapes.

Thanks

Hello,

the only way to recover space on a tape is to stage the existing ssids (via
nsrstage command) to another tape then relabelling the original tape...

Denis