Networker

Re: [Networker] Any one on 7.6.3.1 Networker server version?

2012-03-01 08:26:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Any one on 7.6.3.1 Networker server version?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 08:26:24 -0500
> Do you know of any issues with savepnpc (pre/post script) clients on
> both w2k3 and w2k8 clients?

I ran into this recently, with 7.6.2 and Win2008 clients, using savepnpc.
Check the mailing list archives for full details ...

Apparently it was a
permissions issue - the client Networker services were running as SYSTEM,
and SYSTEM can't apparently run scripts (or wouldn't run my scripts, I
don't know which). Regardless, I changed the client Networker services to
run as a user with local admin privileges (that was able to execute the
script), then it all Just Worked. Support also said they had seen issues
where scripts must be invoked in the .RES file with the short 8.3 format
path, and in the CMD file as well.

So ... when doing "savepnpc", make sure the client  Networker services are

running as a user account that has access to execute your script, and not
as SYSTEM, under Windows.

Oh, and it seems that Networker will mark the job as completed, when it
calls the post cmd script .. and *not* when that script actually finishes.

It takes approx 5 minutes for my post cmd script to complete resuming the
application services, but Networker reported the job as complete when  the

script started, not when it finished .. .even tho the application that the

script was resuming was not yet available.

Just something to be aware of ....