Networker

Re: [Networker] daily networker contention...

2012-02-28 12:23:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] daily networker contention...
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:23:00 -0500
Hi Bingo,

My staging script runs 24x7 and is allowed to do its work between 6am and 9pm
(which are
outside the NetWorker controlled backup windows).

The problem is not that there is contention.  The problem is the apparent
different order of
acquiring source and target devices that leads to what would be a deadlock in
the right set of
circumstances.  If this contention is unique to my environment, then I'll deal
with it in my
environment.  However, if it is something that others are experiencing too,
then those of us
that actually pay EMC for support need to start beating EMC up about it.

Frank