Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker Reporter - 64-bit ready yet?

2012-02-24 10:27:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker Reporter - 64-bit ready yet?
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:26:31 -0500
On 2/23/12 1:34 PM, Francis Swasey wrote:
> Is there a 64-bit version of NetWorker Reporter out and about anywhere?
> Seems I have to
> replace my RHEL4 32-bit platform (something about Red Hat dropping support
> for the OS!) and
> we've standardized on 64-bit RHEL6 ...

Apparently, the problem I was experiencing is my own doing...

I had run rrdtool dump on the old system to generate xml and then rrdtool
restore on the new
system to rebuild the rrdtool-db_V2 rrd files, but they don't seem to work.

This morning, having freshly rebuilt the 64-bit RHEL6 system, I installed the
V5 binaries and
just ran them.  It is happily creating all new rrd's - so looks like it runs
just fine on
64-bit RHEL6 already.

So, my question becomes:  "How do I migrate my 4+ years of historical data from
the old system
to the new one?"

And, I apologize to Thierry for suggesting that this was anything other than my
own stupid fault!