Networker

Re: [Networker] Pools ?

2012-02-15 02:42:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Pools ?
From: Claude Discala-Verdier <discala AT GENOSCOPE.CNS DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 08:35:05 +0100
Le 14/02/2012 21:39, Skip Hanson a écrit :
All,
   Hello. I am curious how all of you are using pools today ? As we know pools are
very flexible and as a result can be very confusing. So I am curious…

   1. Do you mix device types within the same pool ? (Disk and tape devices ?)
Yes and it's a very bad idea ! (SDLT and LTO4 )
We have to put the sdlt devices "desabled" all the time
and turn them enable when we have to do a recover.

Claude

   2. Do you select multiple backup levels for one pool ? (incrementals and
fulls etc.)

   Please feel free to post you opinions on pools or send me a brief
description about how you use them.

   networker_usability AT emc DOT com<mailto:networker_usability AT emc DOT com>

Cheers,
Skip