Networker

Re: [Networker] Pools ?

2012-02-14 16:59:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Pools ?
From: Eddie Albert <Eddie.Albert AT CITIZENSFLA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:58:35 -0500
Skip,

I have worked with many different customers... each with their own "pool
religion" if you will..

One company I was contracted to used ONLY the DEFAULT pool. Simple yes,
but they did not have any requirement as to how long they had to keep
different kinds of data.

Other larger corporations I have worked at had very complicated pool
assignments.

LTO1full/incr
LTO2full/incr
etc...

In short for me, it has depended on variables...

What does the corporate legal beagle tell us we have to do * the square
root of the local technologist's pool religion + changing technology
over the years.

I have a monster mega question in return...

When keeping data for an extended period (20+ years) what examples do we
have out there for aged data migration plans?

Happy Valentines to my technologists on the list, get the flowers on the
way home or make sure you have a cold steak for your eye. /grin

Semper fidelis et paratus, /ALE