Networker

Re: [Networker] Q about upgrading MS SQL in-place from 2005 to 2008, and SQL Module

2012-02-01 11:49:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Q about upgrading MS SQL in-place from 2005 to 2008, and SQL Module
From: michael.jones2 AT EMC DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 11:41:45 -0500
Answer is No.  Backup will work as is and there is no need to reinstall the
NMSQL application.

Note:-
It is highly advisable to take the FULL backup for the DB's after the
successful upgrade of the SQL instance.

Michael Jones
Principal Product Manager - Microsoft
EMC Backup & Recovery Systems Division