Networker

[Networker] Upgrade Networker 7.6.0 -> 7.6.3

2012-01-05 08:39:46
Subject: [Networker] Upgrade Networker 7.6.0 -> 7.6.3
From: Eddie Albert <Eddie.Albert AT CITIZENSFLA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 08:36:50 -0500
Windows 2003 sp2 x86 -- Networker 7.6.0.Build.148 -- Networker Server
and Storage Node
     Upgraded to 7.6.3.0.Build840 -- Server first, then storage node

Notes:
Used Networker Protocol Generator v4.1e (NPG only mentions NWR up to
7.6.2 but no known difference from 7.6.3)
Review Networker 7.6.3 Admin and Install guide
Upgrades behind firewalls took 4-5x longer than those NOT behind
firewall.
     It took so long at one point we stopped, checked our work (domain
name entry for SN) uninstalled and started over.
     Started second attempt, went to lunch came back it was done and all
good.
>From start to finish 2-3 hours for both.

Immediately noticed the new CLONING options, will review and check those
out.

Appears to be flawless upgrade.

Anyone else running 7.6.3 on windows?

Semper fidelis et paratus, /ALE