Networker

[Networker] Server not using recyclable tapes. Not even after a relabel.

2012-01-03 11:08:16
Subject: [Networker] Server not using recyclable tapes. Not even after a relabel.
From: tonyalbers <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 08:05:15 -0800
Hi everyone,

I have this customer who is running networker 7.3 on linux. It's old I know.
Yesterday it suddenly stopped staging save sets from AFTD to tape and the
message "Waiting for 1 writable volumes to backup pool 'Daily' disk(s) or
tape(s) on "servername"" appeared.
They have a jukebox with one LTO3 drive attached and 23 slots. Drive is
write-enabled.

Now. I have tried several things:
Restarting NW and cleaning out /nsr/tmp while it was down.
Rebooting the server (uptime 176 days, so just to be sure)
mminfo -va on a volume to make sure that it's actually recyclable.
mminfo -q 'volume=000001' -r 'client,ssretent,clretent,savetime,name' to see if
any savesets were not expired. they all were.
I manually relabeled 000001 and it didn't help.
00001 is not set to manual recycle and auto media management is on.

The staging is the built-in type, so there are no weird scripts or anything
that could cause this.

Any good ideas?

Thanks in advance.

/tony