Networker

[Networker] Client renaming problems

2011-12-29 07:19:30
Subject: [Networker] Client renaming problems
From: Denis <denis.mail.list AT FREE DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 13:19:02 +0100
Hello,

I want to rename a client but I still have an error that I cant' explain.

Things I've done :

- keeping the actuel clientid
- deleting all client instances with the NMC
- shutting down NW
- renaming the /nsr/index/actual_name to /nsr/index/new_name
- starting NW
- creating a new client instance with the previously clientid saved

At this point, I issue an error like the following terms :

new_name already exists with another clientid (which is displayed), rename it
first or use the given clientid (the one displayed).

The only way to success is to give this 'new' clientid.

I don't know where NW found this clientid (file under the /nsr/index/clientname
directory ?)

I've checked the clients resources with nsradmin to display all clientid but no
way.

I've also checked the media database with mminfo to get all clientid, but no
way, too.

It looks like an index crossing of something like that...

Can someone explain me where NW finds this clientid, and how can I bypass this
$*%£%# error message ?

Thanks in advance.

Denis