Networker

Re: [Networker] Netwroker 7.6 Windows 2003 Folder mounted volumes (not Drive letters) - backing all these volumes up

2011-12-21 13:47:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Netwroker 7.6 Windows 2003 Folder mounted volumes (not Drive letters) - backing all these volumes up
From: Sree <dalsc11 AT CELANESE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 13:46:50 -0500
Final scoop on these:

In our quest to "exclude" VSS savesets, we initially worked
with "VSS:*=off" in Save Operations. OK - this reduced some VSS savesets,
but it still backed-up a few pesky un-needed savesets "ASR:\" "SYSTEM
STATE:\" and "SYSTEM DB:\"

Now, came a wonderful solution "All-ntfs" set in under "Save Set:"
selection. This setting was so elegant - until we recently found out that:
such Folder-mounted drives/LUNs were not getting backed-up. Those folder-
mounted drives must be excluded as part of "All-ntfs" savesets we
configured.

For that specific client (which has folder-mounted drives) we now
selected "All" in saveset selection box (of course "VSS:*=off" still being
set in Save operations:). Now we are getting backups for all these folder-
mounted savesets.

Thanks everybody - hope this helps

Thanks
Sree