Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrjobd crashing after 7.6.2.6 and 7.6.3 upgrade

2011-12-16 12:43:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrjobd crashing after 7.6.2.6 and 7.6.3 upgrade
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 11:41:14 -0600
In regard to: Re: [Networker] nsrjobd crashing after 7.6.2.6 and 7.6.3...:

Try to clean /nsr/tmp and jobsdb (when daemons are stopped). That's my script:

# cat /usr/local/TAUSRC/Local/ToolBox/nsrclean.sh
#!/bin/sh

cd /nsr
rm -rf tmp
cd res/jobsdb
rm -f general/*/*
rm -f indication/*/*
rm -f savejobs/*/*
rm -f ssninfo/*/*

 You will loose some jobs history, but I suggest that you will give it a try.

In addition to Yaron's excellent suggestion, there is a note in PowerLink
on tuning jobsdb.  We implemented the suggestions from that note and
haven't really had any issues with jobsdb since, though that could just
be our environment.

You can find the settings by starting NMC, launching NetWorker
Administrator, and then selecting Configuration and right-clicking the
server and selecting "Properties...".  The jobsdb settings are on the
Configuration tab, in the Operations area.

Tim
edu