Networker

Re: [Networker] Drive speed?

2011-12-09 15:39:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] Drive speed?
From: Eddie Albert <Eddie.Albert AT CITIZENSFLA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 15:37:54 -0500
What is the purpose of tweaking the job for performance? Is the purpose
to backup asap to release your business application?

What does the backup configuration look like?
Saveset=all
or
Saveset=C:\
Saveset=D:\
Saveset=E:\
Saveset=F:\
Saveset=G:\
Saveset=H:\
Saveset=I:\

If you can't tweak the saveset/performance consider changing out the
backup device to DataDomain or Avamar?

The answer to my first question, is the justification for my last
comment above.

Semper fidelis et paratus, /ALE